YouTube Extends Trump Ban For Fear Of Violence During Inauguration | Donald Trump News


The CEO of YouTube’s parent company has said he will not terminate Trump’s account unless he violates the service’s policies three times in 90 days.

YouTube announced on Tuesday that it was extending the week-long ban for outgoing U.S. President Donald Trump, which barred him from uploading videos or streaming live on his channel for at least seven more days.

Alphabet Inc’s video streaming platform banned Trump on January 12 for at least a week for violating his incitement to violence policy after his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol as Congress began to certify the victory of President-elect Joe Biden on January 6.

YouTube said on Tuesday it was extending the suspension “in light of concerns about the current potential for violence.”

Trump is expected to leave the White House on Wednesday when Biden is sworn in.

In a video uploaded to the White House YouTube channel earlier Tuesday, Trump denounced the “closure” of the debate.

“In America we don’t insist on absolute compliance or enforce rigid orthodoxies and punitive speech codes, we just don’t do that,” he said.

As Trump used social media to falsely challenge the Nov. 3 election results, his supporters followed with violent rhetoric about services and openly planned the Jan. 6 rallies, according to researchers and public publications, which has prompted companies to criticize action in advance.

Activists have threatened to boycott the YouTube advertising if it doesn’t ban Trump permanently, as Twitter Inc. has done. Facebook has blocked Trump’s accounts indefinitely.

Alphabet and Google CEO Sundar Pichai last week told Reuters news agency that YouTube is treating Trump the same way it would treat any other user and would not terminate their account unless that it does not violate service policies three times in 90 days.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *