Facebook groups have helped me find roommates in Boston, potential dog breeders for a pet, and networking opportunities for women in the area.
In short: Facebook groups are undeniably valuable.
Recently, companies have also taken advantage of groups for their own benefits – Peloton, for example, uses groups to connect its users and create a space where people can share exercise plans, training methods and training programs. ‘training between them.
Other brands, including National Geographic and Instant Pot, have followed suit, creating their own community-driven groups to inspire action, encourage engagement and increase brand loyalty.
Even HubSpot recently created its own private group, Marketer to Marketer.
If you’re thinking about starting a Facebook group for your own business, you’ll want to keep reading. Here we will explore the differences between Facebook groups and Pages, how to create a Facebook group, and whether it is worth it.
Let’s dive in.
Should I create a Facebook group for my business?
To determine if a Facebook group is a good idea for your business, let’s start with the differences between a Facebook group and a Facebook page.
Most businesses should have a Facebook page. A Page allows you to advertise on Facebook, and it is a public profile for posting business-relevant updates and announcements to Facebook users as a whole.
If you are a non-profit organization, there is also a page where you can display a “Donate” button to increase donations from the Facebook community.
Considering 1.56 billion people are on facebookit is essential for your business to have a Facebook page to increase brand awareness, advertise to new audiences, collect audience information, and even chat with users looking for a service. customer.
As Gary Vaynerchuk told HubSpot CEO Brian Halligan, “… You can’t be alive in the game without Facebook.”
All that to say: having a Facebook page is a necessary requirement for your business to be active on one of the biggest social media platforms.
A Facebook group, on the other hand, is much smaller and generally more exclusive than a page. For example, with a group, you can set up an open membership, an approval membership, or even an invitation-only membership. Then, once members are accepted into your group, they can freely post and interact with each other.
Simply put, a Facebook page is business driven, while a Facebook group is community driven.
A group is a good idea if you want to connect your customers or lead each other, if you want to build a sense of community around your brand, or if you hope to showcase your brand as a thought leader in the industry. industry.
However, one group is do not a good idea if you want to use it to market your products or services, or just use it to post business announcements.
People want to join groups where they feel a sense of belonging and connection with other group members, and learn more about an industry as a whole – which takes effort, resources and time to ensure that your team can deliver its fruits.
If you think you don’t have the resources to create an interesting and engaging Facebook group, you might be better off waiting.
However, if you’ve determined that a Facebook group is the right decision for your own business, let’s explore how you can start one.
How to create a Facebook group for your business
1. On your company’s Facebook home page, click “Groups” on the left side.
2. Click on “+ Create a new group”.
3. Type a group name, then choose your privacy (public or private). You also have the option to immediately invite Facebook friends if you want. Then click on “Create”.
4. Click “Edit” on your cover photo to choose from Facebook photos and artwork or upload a photo from your computer.
5. Add a description to your group so people know what it is. Additionally, if you want to create a private group for customers, you can copy and paste customer email addresses into your “Invite” box.
And that’s all! Your Facebook group is now ready to use.
However, to encourage strong retention and engagement, you’ll want to be an active community leader. For pinning posts, creating a group poll, and more, keep reading.
How to pin a post to a Facebook group
A pinned post is one that will stay at the top of your group’s timeline for seven days (unless you unpin it first).
This is important if you’ve posted content to encourage engagement. For example, if you posted an Ask Me Anything post, you might want to pin it to make sure people can find it easily even after group members start posting their own content to the timeline.
Additionally, if you’ve posted to welcome new members to the community and provide some needed information about your group, you might want to keep this post pinned to ensure new users have the right context as soon as they join your group. group for the first time. time (of course, you’ll want to provide context in your description as well).
1. To pin a post, you must first type your post in the “What do you think” box, then click “Post”.
2. Once the post has been published, click on the three dots at the top right of your post and select “Mark as ad”:
And that’s all! Your post is now pinned to the top of your timeline for the next seven days.
Next, let’s see how you can create a poll in your new group.
How to create a poll in a Facebook group
1. To create a poll in a Facebook group, start by clicking on “What do you think?” box. Then click on the three dots that say “More”:
2. Then click on “Poll” from your menu options.
3. Type your survey question in the text space, then add your individual options in each text box. Click on “Poll Options” to refine your poll. When you are ready, click “Publish” to immediately publish your survey.
How to create a private Facebook group
1. You have the option of creating a private or public Facebook group when you first create a group:
2. However, if you have created a public Facebook group and now want to make it private, you can do so by clicking “Settings” under “Manage group” (from your group):
3. Next, click on the pencil next to “Confidentiality” and click on the “Private” bubble (Note: it takes three days to change a group from public to private):
To learn more about the benefits of having a private Facebook group, find out how HubSpot has made the decision to create its own private Facebook group – Additionally, why the social team believes the Facebook group is essential in facilitating deeper and more meaningful connections between HubSpot users and the industry as a whole.
And that’s all! You are now on the right track to interacting with prospects, prospects or customers directly within your Facebook group to increase brand loyalty and value.
If you’re looking for inspiration before starting your own Facebook group, take a look at 9 of the best Facebook groups we’ve ever seen.